Thursday 20 June 2013

Make Minis While the Rain Pours!!!

Still working my way through the contents of Slug & Jiggers but having fun on the way. These are the potion boxes I made using my fabulous table saw. I have stained and sanded them then added a highlight paint wash to match the colour of Morticia Adams' Love Potions with complimentary taster!!
 Then I started to tackle the brown paper parcels inspired by Jenn Hatt of Looking Glass Miniatures. These are simply bits of balsa off cuts covered in baking/parchment paper. Then I printed of some packaging strips and labels.
 These items are for the display table in the shop. I wanted to make sure it had both a front and side view. The boxed syringe is a a fabulous piece by the ever so talented and creative Erika Van Horn with its tiny bottle of blood. I can't remember where I got the tall chemist's bottle but the wonderfully tiny but perfectly shaped brass funnel is by Tiny Ter Miniatures.

 The leaning towers of parcels!!
The table in place and how it will be seen as the door panel opens. Another job jobbed! 
Oh and I have also filled the boxes above the downstairs windows with dragon's eggs in a bed of green moss. These are actually Japanese crackers but seemed the perfect size and colour!
I am waiting for a parcel from the US at the moment that I really need to arrive soon as I need it to finish of the shop area.
Plus I am putting off a return to making potion bottles! If the parcel doesn't arrive tomorrow it will be potions and window dressing time permitting.

12 comments:

  1. Hello Janice! The potion boxes are wonderful and they display your items so well! The paper parcels are Superb and the way they have been stacked to defy gravity is humorous and very entertaining. The rice cracker dragon's eggs is very very clever and good thinking, Outside the( Flower) Box!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Janice,
    Your project just keeps ong etting better. I love parcel tower. Great work.
    big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esas pociones lucen maravillosas en sus cajas,los paquetes en pilas inclinadas muy divertido y la colocación de los huevos de dragón me gusta mucho!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you've done - the eggs, the parcels and the potion boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some wonderful items. Love the leaning tower of parcels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the accessories on the table, especially the tower of parcels.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my comment must have got lost somewhere in cyber space ;(

    Just love all of this Janice. The packages stacked are just brilliant.. You've done such a good job ith those and love te little boxes too!
    The piece by ericka is wonderful and love the idea of the egg box!

    Can't wait to see more as ever.. Is the bottom floor almost finished now? Will there be any customers looking around the shop? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking wonderful. I especially love your parcel stack :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever you to see the possibility of the dragons eggs! Everything is fantastic. It's such a lot of work to fill the shop but it's looking marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are great! I love the tower of parcels :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice things you have here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoy he descubierto tu blog, es muy interesante con cosas maravillosas, ya tienes una seguidora más. Un abrazo, Arantza.
    http://miniaturasarantza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments that readers take the time to leave. I try to reply to all of them.