I have been trying to get to grips with the internal dressing of Slug and Jiggers this week and began with the internal windows of the workroom. So far I have installed two window ledges.
This room is supposed to be much more hectic and messy than the pristine downstairs. The shelves have a mixture of potion making paraphenalia. Scrolls, manuscripts and acorn caps are mingled with a skull and brass hour glass. A couple of Ray Storey's hand blown jars have been filled with pumpkin potion and topped with Lory's tiny pumpkins. The two pumpkins are by Nikki Rowe.
The second shelf is full of my mandrakes by Mag's Magnifient Miniatures and Georgia Marfels. Plus the obligatory scrolls, parchments, candles, a pile of potion labels, a few mushrooms and some golden balls of sunshine!!
I also decided to have a go at making some open 'wine' boxes for special potions to display in the apothecary. I used my lovely new table saw for cutting the wood in super quick time and almost all of them were the right size!!
I think I will stain them in wood and then give them an over wash to match the colour of the potion inside the box. Glue on a Slug and Jiggers label and I am sure they will fly off the shelves.
An untidy workroom will mean lots of scrolls so I sat down in front of the television one evening this week and began rolling. I have tried to use up any printies I have that will never be used because they were the wrong scale or surplus to requirements.
Love my new saw.......cut a worktop to size, stained and polished then glued to the counter.
I decided the 'glass' top would not work as potion making surface and prefer the wooden top. The internal drawers have all been filled with ingredients, mostly from my herb shelves all mixed with PVA to make them stay in place.
There seems to be so many things to do at the moment that I have found it hard to start. On unpacking my stash I realised I had very few wizardy brass items, so I am waiting for a couple of bits and pieces to arrive. I want to make some piles of manuscripts and labels, brown paper packages tied up with string and work out how to install the copper piping.
I really should have gone for a minimalist project!!