Wednesday 27 February 2013

Hag Birthday Cake by Linda Cummings....In Glorious Detail

Following all the wonderfully kind comments regarding the putting together of The Leaky Cauldron's bar I thought I would post some photographs of my fabulous centre piece.
 This masterpiece was created specially for my celebratory coven by master miniaturist Linda Cummings. I always head to Linda's stand at the Christmas KDF to look at the huge array of miniatures that she has on show and am lucky enough to have a couple of her spooky creations in my Diagon Alley collection.
 This year I plucked up the courage to ask her if she would be willing to make me the centrepiece for my table. Not only was she willing her enthusiasm was as great as mine. It is so rewarding when you commission a piece from an artist who is so eager to get on with the project and can't wait to start creating! I think Linda would have started there and then if she had had her clay with her!!
I hope you can make out all the details from the green fingernails to the bristled (actually real bristles!!) on the broomstick.
Amazing work as usual Linda.

7 comments:

  1. Absoloutely stunning jaince, she really has done an incredible job with the cake! How she manages to get so much detail into something so small is beyone me!! She must have some kind of microscopes embedded into her eyes! Haha :)
    Simply wonderful! A spectacular piece for a spectacular pub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda's work never fails to impress me. She not only does a gogreous job of crafting she has a wonderful sense of design. Lucky you and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een kunstwerk. Veel plezier ermee.

    Groeten Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! That's fabulous!!! I want cake! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love your cake Janice! Soo many details it makes me want to break out my box of clay then after some time of smushing it around sign and contact Linda. Haha Congrats on finishing your Leaky Cauldron and this great commission.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AW..now I'm blushing Janice! I'm just so pleased that you like your creepy cake! :-))

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments that readers take the time to leave. I try to reply to all of them.