Thursday 29 March 2012

New Kid on the Alley.......

A little while ago I discovered the wonderful characters of Jo Medvenics of Pocket Pygmies.
After seeing one of her commission pieces I asked her to make me a Hogwarts 6th former with attitude for my Diagon Alley.
I loved he way she had sat her commissioned piece and definitely wanted the same crossed leg pose.
As you can see I have exactly what I wanted and more!
A wonderfully crafted piece with all the fashion sense you could hope for in a teenage witch.
Isn't the hair just fabulous!
She also came with her own chair and all the necessary bits and pieces a serious student of magic would need, even her own frog to practice on. 
My Diagon Alley is set many years after 'He Who Must Not Be Named' so I feel sure that this girlie must belong to the family of Cho Chang.
Look at these shoes and stockings.
I just adore their drama.
Not sure where I am going to sit her yet, maybe practising outside 'The Leaky Cauldron'.
Now pop over to Jo's Etsy shop and enjoy looking at all her quirky and beautifully made characters.

20 comments:

  1. She is Perfect! Jo is a master, I love her dolls.

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria, Jo has a very different style which was just perfect for what I wanted. I think I will be back!
      Mini hugs

      Delete
  2. Another great addition to your collection Janice. She's wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she Debbie. I just love the teenage attitude Jo has created.

      Delete
  3. Wow! She's amazing Janice!
    She is so unusual in terms of miniature people, it's not often you see this kind of style in miniature!
    She's so interesting.. And her clothes are brilliant! And to get all those other bits as well!!
    She will look wonderful where ever she goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I contacted Jo Michael. It is always a bit risky when you haven't seen the makers dolls in real life so to speak and I have made a couple of costly errors in the past.

      This doll has exceeded my expectations in every way though, it really is superb.

      Delete
  4. It's a perfect doll. Fabulous!
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faby.
      I agree she is perfect for my project.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Jo has done everything I asked for and more Eliana. I am so lucky.

      Delete
    2. Jo has done everything I asked for and more Eliana, I am very lucky to own such a piece.

      Delete
  6. She's lovely and definitely has a "Whatever" look on her face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene, she looks even more 'sassy' in real life!!

      A very different character to my other 'people' and absolutely what I wanted.

      Delete
  7. An exquisite doll! The artist thought of every little detail. Enjoy this treasure.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is exquisite Drora. I have her sitting on my work desk at the moment and I am really enjoying all of her details.

      Delete
  8. Enhorabuena por esa preciosa pieza, me encanta cada uno de los detalles que lleva.
    Gracias por el enlace.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new doll is beautiful. And you get wonderful gifts.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her to bits. A perfect piece for the alley!

      Delete
  10. Nice =) I love your avi pic as well, made me laugh for some reason =)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments that readers take the time to leave. I try to reply to all of them.